I really don't mind the testing anymore. I wanted to avoid it, but now I just want to go all out and get it over with. Somethings wrong with her and we mine as well figure out what it is. But she's still healthy and for the most part happy, so that's all I need :)
We are finally getting healthy again in this house. I'm hoping to avoid the actual flu this year (which was not successful last winter). But a few weeks ago Patrick had a respiratory thing, then Sophie got a stomach bug, then I got a stomach bug, then I got a 2nd stomach bug followed by some respiratory thing and now the girls have the respiratory thing. Fun stuff!
We had a relaxing weekend at our parent's cottage last weekend. They took the girls which was a huge relief. It was a nice break. We didn't do much other than lounge around and eat but it was fun all the same
Evelyn is doing great in speech. My mom said she could tell a big difference. We can too. I'm glad it's helping. The OT at school is evaluating her on Monday so I hope that goes well and she gets accepted. I'd love to save money (and time!) by not driving to Waukesha every week. School is only like 1/2 mile away :) She has her first field trip in two weeks to the zoo. She is going on a bus......without a carseat......what in the world am I gonna do? I am getting nervous just thinking about it. The kid still rides rearfacing, and I'm gonna plunk her in a bus with no restraint at all? Yeah....I wanna see them keep her sitting!
Oh yeah, I got a new job for anyone that didn't know. I applied at an urgent care in Sussex on a friday and was offered the job the next Wednesday. Talk about fast! I think my first ever job interview must have gone well! I start March 7 and am excited. My last day at the hospital was yesterday and it was sort of sad. That's the only adult job I've ever had and I'll miss the people there. I loved seeing the fire departments come in and knowing them and now I won't have that. But I needed to go somewhere a little less hectic. I've worked there 6 years and am done. It's changed a lot in 6 years and not in all good ways. The patient population is exhausting and many feel the world owes them something. It just gets irritating after a while. There were some other personal reasons and personal convictions that caused me to leave but I won't get into it here. The new job will be a welcome change. The only downfall is that before I made my schedule around Patrick's and now I have a set schedule. That means our schedules will overlap so now we need childcare. But only around 3 times a month. I hope it all works out! I haven't figured out how to fit the fire department stuff in but we'll work on that.
Other than that, nothing else new here. Life trudges on and we are anxious to get to spring soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment