We took the girls up north to my parents cottage at the end of July and they had a blast. They spent the whole day playing in the lake and sand. I'm convinced they are part fish :)
The next weekend Patrick and I went to Mackinac Island to celebrate our 5th anniversary. It was SOO nice and I can't wait to go back. We stayed at a wonderful resort, relaxed, took bikes out, explored the center of the island, did shopping, ate fudge, went on a horse and carriage ride and just relaxed. Patrick even rode a horse! I hope to take the kids some day when they are older but I cannot wait to go back! I haven't been that calm and peaceful in a long time :)
Yesterday we took the kids to Regner Park in West Bend. We went there a lot as a kid and I have wonderful memories. They have a spring fed man made lake you can swim in and it's pretty cheap. Like $2 for kids and $3 for adults. So the kids played at the park and explored the waterfalls and streams. Then they swam for a long time. Patrick even got each kid out into the deep water to let them "swim". They had so much fun. Then we had a picnic and home for naps
Evelyn is doing great. She's grown about an inch and gained close to 3 pounds in the past 5 weeks. We are used to our new routine and go for a weigh in next week. Hoping to drop the day time feedings at that point! The last two days shes complained of severe pain when we are cleaning it so we have no clue what that's all about. It's not looking the greatest either so the nurse may have to come tomorrow to take a look at it.
We got Evelyn all signed up for 4K in September. She'll go to the same school she went to last year and will go 3 days a week for about 3 hours each time. Plus we still need to fit in OT and speech somewhere in there. Basically there will be something every day :) I will miss the carefree no plans days of summer! Sophie is sad she can't go. I know she'll love it when she goes next year.
We finally finished her Medicaid paperwork last night and I mailed it today. It should take about 6 months so we shall see. We also finished her feeding therapy paperwork and sent that off. That's a couple month wait to see if she qualifies for feeding therapy. I sure hope she does since I'd like her to not have a feeding tube at age 20 if possible.
So that's us. Just spending the rest of summer cleaning up, getting ready for the baby, eating some yummy veggies from the "garden" and getting ready for winter. We'll take a couple final trips to the zoo and Regner park and then summer will be over :(
On Sunday we are going to the West Bend Airport to "papa's" (patricks dad) airplane hanger for a "hangar picnic." All of Patricks family and us will get together for a yummy picnic and playing and then the girls will all get to go in the airplane for the first time. ( I will NOT be going). I am very nervous! I hate flying so it makes me nervous to see them. I will be installing that carseat myself on the plane!!
We'll let you all know how her weigh in goes next week.
No comments:
Post a Comment