Thursday, September 4, 2008

Hi everyone!

So I decided to help keep our family and friends "in the loop" by making a Chenery family blog. People can visit to read up on our family and what's going on, see pics of the kids, and all sorts of stuff. 

For those of you have been out of the Chenery loop for a while...a little about our family

We have owned our house officially for a year! We live in Greenfield in a 4 bed, 1 1/2 bath ranch house. It's perfect for us. Great layout, fenced in back yard, finished basement, lots of space. We'd love a bigger yard but that will come with time.

Evelyn turned 3 last week and starts preschool tomorrow!! Where has the time gone? My baby is off to school. She's very excited. We worked all summer on potty training so she could go. She's a feisty little girl with a temper, but extremely active and very smart. She can recognize almost all her letters, knows what her name looks like, can speak much better than most 3 year olds, and has great motor skills for her age. She's a joy to be around. A lot of work...but a joy :)

Our baby girl Sophie is now 1 1/2. She is our little lover baby. She could cuddle all day if you let her. She's a little butterball who is always happy. She's such an easy child. She rarely fusses, eats great, and sleeps great! I am so lucky to be her mommy. She finally started walking last month after taking her sweet time. Now there is no stopping her!

I work part time in an Emergency room as a RN. I like it, but it's hectic and to be honest I am starting to get burned out. I also work part time on a fire department as an EMT. I am also their secretary (fun stuff!). And lastly, I also work as a Certified Child Passenger Safety Technician. In easy terms, that means I professionally install child car seats. When they tell you to "go get your carseat checked" that's me you go to. I love it! I took a 40 hour course to get certified. I love teaching parents about car seat safety. If any of you need your seats checked, I'd be happy to do it. I'm sure it drives Patrick nuts though as I am constantly buying newer and better seats for the girls. I am happy to say we made it rear facing with Evelyn to age 3. She is still happily rear facing and will stay that way until she just outgrows the seat. At her weight, that won't be for a while. Sophia also is still rear facing and will stay until a minimum of age 3.

Patrick is working full time at the Greenfield Fire Department. He's worked there for 5 years now. He also works part time on another paid on call fire department(the same one I work for). He loves his job still :) He also has been working on our house quite a bit. We got a new roof, new garage door, and new swingset this summer.

Well that's the scoop on us!

Stay tuned to learn more 

No comments: